Thursday, October 29, 2009

Hey ...Teachers! .....Leave those kids alone!

So, I've been thinking. about the future, and all that crap.
I've always said I would go to school when I was ready. That I want to adventure as much as I can and LIVE life as much as possible before I commit to 4 years of somewhat dull classes and education.

Well, I'd say I've done pretty well with "living" life so far, enough in fact, that I know how to make the living interesting and fun, no matter what I'm doing. Because I used to have the mindset that if I'm not out traveling, being crazy, you know...DOING things, that I'd get caught up in the dull routine of going to a mediocre college, getting a mediocre degree, followed by a mediocre job....you get the idea.

However, what I've found on my journeys away from home, is that it really doesn't matter what you do...it's HOW you do it. School actually has a lot of other really cool opportunities other than just getting a degree. There are clubs, sports, organizations....really awesome ways to get involved. AND it is an awesome environment to be proactive and start BIG things. I think if I just go into it with a mindset of being ready, excited, and willing....well I think I could actually be REALLY happy at a university. Plus, it leaves the summers open for any travels I might want to take.

I think as long as I don't lose my main beliefs and values....the "me" I found while journeying....well, I think I'll be happy. :)

I really really REALLY want to go to school in the West. Preferably the West coast area. California has always had a hold on me. My friend is going to a school in Washington and it sounds like something I would REALLY love.

This is totally just thoughts and ideas, but I think I'll start applying soon...just in case. :)

2 comments:

  1. I hear ya, sista.

    College, for me, was about so much more than just classes. Sure, I got a degree. But man... the frienships I made, the stuff I did (even traveling), the whole lifestyle and atmospher and comraderie... it's all very priceless. There really is nothing else quite like it.

    But boy, oh boy. You won't BELIEVE how many great schools are in Oregon and Washington! Don't tell Cam you're considering the west coast or you will NOT hear the end of WSU... he'll try to convert you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I like this comment thing. makes the blogging a lot more fun. :p

    Hahaha, well I am like...99% sure that's where I wanna be. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the west. ESPECIALLY the coast!

    Wouldn't that be fun? I could annoy the heck outta you!

    ReplyDelete