Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rest and Rejuvenation

For the past two weeks or so I've been having trouble sleeping. I either can't sleep, or I go to sleep really easily and wake up about six times throughout the night. It has had a lot to do with the stress I've been dealing with through the whole future/infinite opportunities/decisions thing. So, last night, after a long and MUCH needed talk with my mother about what kind of things I need to do in order to go where I want and get things accomplished in an orderly manner, I finally got a good night's sleep. Eleven hours, to be exact.

SLEEP. DOES. WONDERS. It amazes me! After one good, long night of sleep, I was up and ready to go for the day. I went on a run, cleaned up a bit, drew for awhile, and wrote some letters,etc. Had someone told me yesterday that I would be doing all of this stuff today, I would have laughed in their face. I was mentally, emotionally, physically exhausted. Here's to weekends! *clink*

So, if you don't know this about me already, I'm someone who likes to have big ideas and plans and make them happen. Some people think of me as a very spontaneous, lets-go-to-rome-tomorrow, crazy person. Which....to a certain extent, I definitely am. But it's more like, I'm sitting with a group of people, we get our creative minds turning on some cool idea (ex. go taking food to the homeless on a weekend) and we all get really hyped about it, and I say, "okay. So let's do it." and then we do. I'm not an advocate for huge, life-changing decisions made in a split second. I actually think about my decisions fully and logically....most of the time. To a lot of people this Florida thing seems like a spur of the moment decision. Little do they know Morgan and Katrina and I have been talking about it since March. I just backed out in late June.

On a completely different topic, I have to raise $500 for Bike and Build within the first two months. Help me out?

This blog doesn't exactly have a point, but I guess that's sort of the point of blogs. I'm still getting used to having a blog that people can actually see. Strange difference.

Much love.

No comments:

Post a Comment