Wednesday, November 4, 2009

it is amazing

Random acts of kindness. I tell you, they are what make the world a better place. Whether it's something you are consciously doing as an act of kindness, or something you just do, and it is perceived as an act of kindness....it. is. amazing.

Today, I woke up sort of grumpy. The kids were over, and of course they wake up aroun 5:30-6:30, which normally is fine, because then I just get up early to start the day. However, I could NOT sleep at all last night and didn't go to sleep until around 2:30am. So, waking up at 6am to screaming children wasn't exactly first on things I wanted to happen in my life. But of course, it did. Not to mention that horrible, horrible sound coming from the laundry room, that seriously gives me murderous thoughts (don't worry, only to appliances)....the dryer makes this buzzing sound that goes for a good 20 seconds straight when a load is done. the laundry room is about ten feet away from my bed. Whenever this sound goes off, I imagine that seen from that movie, where they throw appliances off a cliff and they blowup when they hit the groun. It drives me insane.

So, after shifting positions and putting the pillow over my head about 25 times throughout a period of about 2 and a half hours, I reluctantly drag myself out of bed a half hour before I have to leave. no breakfast or shower.

I am given a somewhat tedious, to me, kind of...not pointless, but...i-have-better-things-to-do-with-my-time task...

But then, A lady from the church comes in with my favorite meal from Panera, the mediteranean veggie sandwich, an apple, and iced tea, and sits with me for about 45 minutes and we have a delightful lunch.

Now, this may seem like a simple thing to happen during the day, however, my job is in an empty church all day long with little or no human interaction throughout the day. So, sitting and chatting with someone during lunch really makes it that much better for me. It made my week,and I am so very grateful for the genuine nice people, who are pleasant and awesome.

If you read this, take the time in the next week or so to do a random act of kindness. Send an anonymous package, buy someone lunch, give the cashier a twenty and say the next few coffees are from anonymous. It really, truly pays off. Because not only do you make someone's day or week, you also empower them to be proactive and make the day for someone THEY know...

Pay it forward.
=)

No comments:

Post a Comment