Tuesday, November 3, 2009

<3

So, here is my question for the day. Why do we focus so much on logic when making life altering decisions? (Before you laugh and brush that one off as a dumb question, read on.) Obviously, logic must be involved somewhat in these decisions, but as a society, we are increasingly finding it unacceptable to look at anything BUT logic. It isn't a great situation, if you ask me. We must INCORPORATE logic into our plans, while still sticking to the heart of the matter.

Let's take a look at love. Romantic relationships, marriages, what have you. If you are having trouble with your partner, and go to a friend for advice, do you think they would say, "well, is it logical? Does it make sense to be with this person? Will they help you out financially, is their genetic makeup one that would make gorgeous babies when mixed with yours? Will they help you keep a stable confidence of routine in your everyday life?" No, they would not ask you that. They would ask you one question. "Well, do you love them?" That's it. Because love knows no logic or plan.

In my personal experiences, love, well, it's pretty much life. No matter what kind. Without love there is no life, and it is the center of everything.

So, I don't know about you, but I'm going to follow my heart....follow the love. cause for me there is nothing more logical than that.



In the words of my favorite musician, Bob Sima:

Have you ever asked yourself...
Have you ever really sat down and asked yourself...
What is it that makes my head and my heart collide?
and what am I gonna do when it comes down to choosing sides?
Have you ever asked yourself..
Have you ever really sat down and asked yourself..
What is it that makes my soul catch fire?
and what is it that I really believe inside?
Have you ever really listened...
to that little voice inside your head?
Well when it really comes down to it,
you just shouldn't have to think about it
Well when it really comes down to it
you just go with your heart
'Cause it's easy to see where you're going
when you follow the love

What is it that makes my plans and my dreams collide?
and what am I gonna do when it comes down to choosing sides?

It's easy to see where you're going when you follow the love...
don't change your mind
don't change your mind
don't change your mind
don't change your mind
don't change your mind

No comments:

Post a Comment